Monday 12 December 2011

Under The Circumstances: teachable moments

One of the films I appeared in, in the summer of 2011, was "Under the Circusmtances" by Undertoe Productions.

It is a docudrama, telling the story of what happens to an innovative teacher when he engages his students in a school, located in a very conservative community.

My role was that of what I call the School Secretary, although I've been corrected and told I should refer to her as the Office Administrator. (That's interesting, if only because the word "secretary" includes the word "secret", implying confidentiality - and I think that should still be an important part of the job...)

Following is a video clip, edited down from the original although, hopefully, not too much of the context has been removed. It's a scene where the innovative teacher has been called in to see the principal and is about to be declared "surplus"...




Copyright Deborah C. Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment