Friday 15 July 2016

Seems I've been 'acting up!'

Kitchener-Waterloo
Whew! Didn't realize it had been so long since I posted on this blog. Time flies when you're acting!





Over the last 18 months, I've appeared in quite a few productions and, along with that activity, toured or visited a  diverse array of real estate in going to auditions or reporting to the set!

Reasonably well-lit hallway



Sometimes, these buildings are in isolated or remote spots. Or, located in former industrial properties where I end up wandering the spooky corridors, trying to find the exact room. Usually, I meet fellow actors on the same sort of quest. Or, someone who already found the right spot and is just leaving  their audition.

I've added a couple of examples - although these were fairly safe-looking places - to show what I mean. One was in Kitchener-Waterloo, the other in the far reaches of what locals call Scarberia (in reality, Scarborough, which is part of Toronto.)



Tenantless office building

Wild and lonesome places!

Of course, what is more interesting are the shoots I've taken part in. It's probably easiest to do this in reverse order. I played Dina Welles in the futuristic/sci-fi feature 'Transmission'... A female party-goer in 'Women Not Permitted'... the mother of a woman dying mysteriously in 'Fragile'... another mother in 'Poet Professor', which was also a feature film... and Elizabeth, the much older, age-inappropriate girlfriend of the protagonist in 'The Clean-Up'.

Elizabeth (The Clean-Up)












Mother and son at the art gallery (Poet Professor)














In industrial or commercial work, I have portrayed a photography customer in a recruitment video for LeMine Group... someone with mental health challenges for Epilepsy Toronto... a transfer patient in another recruitment video for Spectrum Health... and the wife of a football fanatic in 'Grounded', for the Lung Association, in which I appeared with Michael"Pinball" Clemons!

And, lastly, there's training: basic stage combat at Second City and PAL certification for firearms (both long guns and hand guns) with Rapier Wit!





No comments:

Post a Comment