Thursday 28 February 2013

Give and Take - especially in cold weather!

The scenes were shot in an office above the landmark Spot Coffee on Delaware Ave.
Back in January 2013, I had the opportunity to take part in a couple of scenes for the feature "Give and Take", being shot in Buffalo, NY. (Gail Golden is the Producer).






Although my role in this film was SOC - Silent on Camera - and not a speaking part, I jumped at the chance because there was an IMdB credit lurking in the wings, plus it was being shot in Buffalo, NY, where I used to live. (And, for all you heritage buffs, there are some incredibly beautiful old buildings in the "Queen City".)

The "change room" was actually the hallway

Note the features: skylights and old-style light fixtures













The reference to the weather in the title of my post reflects the fact we were asked to wear summer clothes - in the depths of winter. Try shivering in a toga in a stairwell, even if the lights are adding some heat!






That meant hauling out the lighter stuff, seeing if it still fit, and packing a bag to take to the set.

My costume for the cattle call audition scene

My toga look
There were actually two scenes - one was set at an "American Idol" style cattle call audition, the other was set at an audition for a Caesar salad commercial.





We were asked to vary our look, if possible, between the two scenes. I put my hair up, some actors brought wigs or donned spectacles.

(As you can probably guess, acting as an "Actress at an Audition" was a real stretch in the skills department!)
The toga scene was shot in the stairwell




Director and production manager in action, at the top of the stairs












I've taken some behind-the-scenes photos for my blog, as I always do. The film is now in post-production and seems to be moving along at a fast clip. The premiere is set for September 2013.

Thanks to my fellow actors for snapping the pix of me.

Copyright Deborah C. Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment